IJCRAR is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCRAR Articles.

INDEXED IN INDEX COPERNICUS - ICI Journals Master List 2016 - IJCRAR--ICV 2016: 81.15 For more details click here

Abstract            Volume:11  Issue-5  Year-2023         Original Research Articles

Online ISSN : 2347 - 3215
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcret@gmail.com

Consumption of Ground Water in Angondje Ntom (Gabon)
Marthe Ndjeri Ndjouhou* and Julia Minfoumou Minko
Laboratoire Pluridisciplinaire des Sciences (LAPLUS), Ecole Normale Supérieure, B.P. 17009, Libreville, Gabon
*Corresponding author

Angondje Ntom is a district in the suburbs of Libreville, not supplied by the national drinking water supply network. To meet their daily water needs, people primarily resort on groundwater. The aim of this study is to determine the different types of drinking water consumed by Angondje Ntom populations. For this purpose, a questionnaire survey was carried out among households. The results showed that well water is the most common drinking water in the Angondje Ntom area with 62% of the households surveyed consuming it. Drilling water comes in second position with 38% of the surveyed households using it. In addition to these two types of groundwater, households surveyed reported that 77.1% of them consumed additionally either bottled mineral water or water purchased from retailers, or rainwater (during the rainy season). The rest of the households surveyed (22.9%) claim to use either well water or drilling water exclusively. Although groundwater is considered by the populations of Angondje Ntom as pure natural water, suitable for human consumption. This study has shown that treatment is often applied periodically to well water before consumption; individual wells particularly, used by a single household. The treatment consists in bleaching and/or filtration.

Keywords: Well water, drilling water, Angondje Ntom, bottled mineral water, water treatment.
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Marthe Ndjeri Ndjouhou and Julia Minfoumou Minko. 2023. Consumption of Ground Water in Angondje Ntom (Gabon).Int.J.Curr.Res.Aca.Rev. 11(5): 21-29
doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcrar.2023.1105.004
Copyright: This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license.